Early Years Policy and Practice Conference
Providing Nurturing Learning and Care Experiences for the Under 3’s
Saturday 6th April 2019
Athlone Springs Hotel, Athlone, Co Westmeath
Given the increasing need for early learning and care services for children under three, National Childhood Network (NCN) is holding a National Policy and Practice Conference for early years practitioners working with babies, toddlers and pre pre-schoolers- in both centre based and registered childminding services.
The conference will provide up to date information from the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA) on Irelands first early years strategy - First Five, A Whole - of - Government Strategy for Babies, Young Children and their Families. Delegates will have the opportunity to both respond and pose key questions to the DCYA that will inform future policy development. The strategy sets out the Governments vision, goals and objectives that will inform the implementation of actions to support families and promote babies and young children’s learning and care. In developing the strategy, policy makers recognise the enormously important role the early years sector has in supporting families and in enhancing children’s learning and care.
The conference will also provide an opportunity for delegates to learn from a wide range of influential speakers and work shop presenters.
Keynote Speakers include:
- Dr Geraldine French - Programme Chair of the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education DCU, author and specialist in early childhood education
- Dr Mary Moloney - Author, researcher and lecturer at Mary Immaculate College Limerick
Workshop and Specialist Presenters include:
- Stella O Malley - Emotional and Mental Health Professional Author, Radio & TV Presenter
- Sharon Mc Guire - Senior NCN Siolta Mentor, DKIT Lecturer in Early Childhood Studies
- Caroline Mc Donnell - NCN Siolta Mentor, DKIT Lecturer in Early Childhood Studies, Owner / Manager / Practitioner - Kentstown Montessori
- Sandra O Neill - Assistant Professor Early Childhood Education DCU, former NCCA National Aistear Co-ordinator.
- Imelda Madigan - High Scope Trainer, former Pre-school Advisor, Healthy Ireland Smart Start Assessor
- Helga Tinneny - Lifestart Training & Development Officer
Cost €65 payable through Eventbrite https://ncn-under-3-conference.eventbrite.ie
Students wishing to avail of a reduced rate can do so by calling the NCN office on 047 72469