European Anti-Poverty Network (EAPN) Ireland in association with the European Commission Representation in Ireland invite you to a Citizen’s Dialogue Workshop
Have your say!
“What is the role of the EU in supporting a more equal society?”
Almost 113 million people, or over 22% of the EU population, are at risk poverty and social exclusion. In Ireland approximately 750,000 people are at-risk of poverty. In a year when the European Parliament elections take place in a Europe which faces many challenges, including Brexit, migration, climate change and delivering social rights, these citizen’s dialogue workshops will ask how can we strengthen social solidarity and ensure that no-one is left behind.
These workshops are open to everyone and will provide a good opportunity for discussion on the issues. The workshops are free and all are welcome.
- 19th March: Cork Imperial Hotel, South Mall, Cork City - Registration at 9:30am, Workshop 10am-1pm
- 26th March: Galway Harbour Hotel, New Dock Road, Galway City - Registration at 9:30am, Workshop 10am-1pm
- 28th March: Dublin F2 Centre, 3 Reuben Plaza, Rialto, Dublin 8 - Registration at 9:30am, Workshop 10am-1pm
A light lunch will be provided at the end
- Hugh Frazer, Adjunct Professor in the Department of Applied Social Studies, Maynooth University. Hugh is the former coordinator of the European Social Policy Network which advises the European Commission on social policy and former Director of the Combat Poverty Agency.
- Paul Ginnell, Director of European Anti-Poverty Network (EAPN) Ireland
- Panel members: Representatives from the European Commission and from community and voluntary organisations.
If you would like to attend any of the workshops you can register here.
European Anti-Poverty Network (EAPN) Ireland: A network of groups and individuals working to put the eradication of poverty at the top of the Irish and European policy agenda and empower groups working to end poverty to understand and influence policy-making. It is the Irish member of the European Anti-Poverty Network (Europe).