Jigsaw Cork: Youth Advocate
Volunteer as a Youth Advocate with Jigsaw Cork
What is Jigsaw?
Jigsaw supports young people by providing free, confidential, brief mental health supports for young people aged 12-25 in communities around Ireland.
We give families, educators, and those who support young people’s mental health ways to cope and the skills to be there for young people. Using our collective power, knowledge and expertise, we make sure that youth mental health is a national and local priority.
What is a Jigsaw Youth Advocate?
Jigsaw Youth Advocates are volunteers who support us in our goal of achieving better mental health outcomes for young people.
Youth advocates create understanding, raise awareness of and promote youth mental health within their own community. They are also a key element of the youth voice and engagement approach within Jigsaw.
Why become a Youth Advocate?
Being a Jigsaw Youth Advocate provides lots of exciting and interesting opportunities to support us in achieving better mental health outcomes for young people in your community by:
- delivering mental health promotion programmes
- facilitating youth voice and engagement within your own community
- promoting youth mental health
- taking part in project groups related to our work in research and evaluation, communications, mental health promotion, and fundraising
- contributing to Jigsaw.ie and helping to develop resources for young people and their parents/guardians
- being part of the interview process for new staff
- attending training related to support your own growth and development
- raising awareness and reducing stigma relating to mental health.
What skills or experience do I need?
- Passion for youth mental health
- Commitment with the ability to attend agreed meetings
- Communication skills to listen and share ideas
- Teamwork and enjoy working collaboratively
- Respect for others and able to work as part of a diverse group.
- Planning and organisational skills
- Understanding of youth mental health issues
- Awareness of their local community
- Facilitation skills.
For more information and how to apply, please visit https://jigsaw.ie/get-involved/volunteer-youth-advocates/
Address: Cork Jigsaw, Unit 8, South Bank, Crosse’s Green, Wandesford Quay, Cork
Contact: 021 – 245 2500
Deadline for applications: Rolling Recruitment