Accompaniment Support Services for Children: Board Trustee
Accompaniment Support Service for Children
A.S.S.C. is a not-for-profit organisation that was set up in 2020 to address the needs of young people as they negotiate their way through the criminal justice system. Our service provides accompaniment and advocacy for young people and their families at different stages through the justice system.
A.S.S.C aims to ensure that all children who need our support receive it, in a timely and appropriate manner irrespective of their means. These are the following services which A.S.S.C. will be providing:
- Forensic accompaniment for children and their families when children receive a forensic exam at the Barnahus (OneHouse) in Galway and the SATU in Rotunda.
- National Advocacy Phone support for families referred to A.S.S.C.
- Court accompaniment service in the Dublin region, for children who have to give witness testimony in criminal trials
General Trustee Duties of a Charity Trustee:
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
A.S.S.C. is seeking individual(s) with a genuine interest in the charity sector and supporting children navigating the criminal justice system.
Principles of a Trustee:
- Advancing Charitable Purpose
- Behaving with Integrity
- Leading People
- Exercising Control
- Working Effectively
- Being Accountable & Transparent
Qualities and skills required:
- Good leadership skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Impartiality, fairness, and the ability to respect confidences
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up
- Good timekeeping
- Tact and diplomacy
- Understanding of the roles/responsibilities of a governing body
Terms & Conditions
Location: Meetings via zoom
Terms of Contract: Volunteer position
Hours of Work: There will be 12 board meetings and a number of sub-committee meetings a year.
Meetings are primarily through Zoom.
Renumeration: Volunteer post
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd March @ 5pm.
Please forward a C.V. & cover letter to Lynette Bradshaw - Executive Director email@example.com
Interview Process: Interviews will be held via zoom.