Gerri’s Place: Finance / Accountancy Volunteer
Gerri’s Place is a new non-profit organisation providing affordable wellbeing breaks for people who need time and space to focus on their emotional and mental wellbeing. We cater for people experiencing mild depression, anxiety, stress or burnout by providing access to a range of therapeutic activities in a safe and supportive environment.
Gerri’s Place is seeking a qualified or part qualified Accountant for a volunteer role within the organisation.
Skills & Experience:
- Financial management and accountancy experience and/or knowledge.
- An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values.
- An appreciation and knowledge of the Not-For-Profit sector would also be desirable.
- Develop and implement a system of regular financial reports for our trustees and stakeholders. This will include assisting with the implementation and maintenance of standard accounting software.
- To have insight and comprehensive knowledge of charity financial policies, controls and best practices; evaluate and monitor the adequacy of current controls and procedures and ensure that the organization is compliant with best practice principles.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly management and annual accounts.
- Prepare budgets, cashflow forecasts and provide assistance with funding applications.
- Advise the Board on financial implications of proposals and projects.
- Present financial reports to the Board and relevant sub committees.
Time commitment is flexible and to be decided with the volunteer. This voluntary role is also fully remote.
This is an exciting initiative and an opportunity for you to be involved in an innovative start up with a huge amount of potential to help those struggling in the community. Once ready to launch Gerri’s Place will provide much needed early intervention support for people experiencing a mental wellbeing challenge.
If you would like to use your valuable experience to give back to the community and have the time to spare, please contact Rebecca by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org