Accompaniment Support Services for Children: Court Accompaniment Support Worker - Galway
Would you like to VOLUNTEER with A.S.S.C.
A.S.S.C (Accompaniment Support Services for Children) was set up in 2020 to address the needs of young people as they negotiate their way through the Criminal Justice System. Our service provides accompaniment and advocacy for young people and their families at different stages through the Irish Justice System.
A.S.S.C. currently provide Court and Forensic Accompaniment Support Service for children and their families, in Ireland.
A.S.S.C are recruiting Volunteers for: Court Accompaniment Support Worker Role
This role provides accompaniment, emotional and practical support to children and their families who are going through the justice system and attending the Court in Galway.
- Interviews will be held on the 25th March 2023 in Galway and 27th February on zoom
- Full training will be provided to successful applicants
- 15th and 16th of April (Sat and Sun all day)
- 22nd and 23rd of April (Sat and Sun all day)
- Supported alongside A.S.S.C. National Volunteer Coordinator
- You must be available to attend court at least twice a month during office hours (Monday to Friday)
- Monthly supervision is provided
- Applicants must be 21 years or over
- Applicants are required to be fluent English speaking
- All applicants will be Garda vetted
Previous experience is not required, just an emphatic, sensitive approach and a desire to learn new skills.
The closing date for applications is 20th March 2023
For more information on Galway Court Accompaniment Support role, please contact email@example.com with any queries