Victim Support at Court (V-SAC): Call for Directors
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Do you want to assist a charity that supports the victims of crime?
The board of directors at Victim Support at Court(V-SAC) are looking for expressions of interest from individuals with relevant experience who are looking to become directors of a vibrant and growing charity.
Victim Support at Court(V-SAC) is the only recognised specialist voluntary service in Ireland dedicated solely to court accompaniment for victims of crime, their families and other witnesses. We are at the forefront of delivering a high-quality court accompaniment service within the Irish Judicial System and are currently piloting our second expansion project which will help V-SAC towards becoming a national service.
In line with current legislation, V-SAC directors are unpaid but vouched out-of- pocket expenses will be re-imbursed. V-SAC board meetings are held remotely and in person in Dublin.
DUTIES OF DIRECTORS:
The duties of Directors include:
- Continuing the commitment by V-SAC to good governance, inclusion and to maintaining the highest of ethical standards
- Attendance at monthly board meetings and other organisational events
- Monitoring the performance of V-SAC especially against its strategic priorities and the annual work plan agreed by the Board
- Leading on specific tasks or strategic objectives as delegated by the Board
- Development of policy in relation to the above areas or others, as required
- Willingness to serve on ad hoc subcommittees as required
Time commitment: 4-6 hours per month, approx.
Board meetings are a mixture of virtual and in person in Dublin.
V-SAC welcome expressions of interest from potential directors with expertise or high level experience of the following skills:
- Communications (Media and Public Relations training).
- Human Resource Management.
- Relevant financial skills-ideally a qualified accountant.
- Strategic planning, risk management, policy preparation and fundraising skills will also be looked at favourably.
V-SAC is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity. We welcome submissions from appropriately qualified candidates from all backgrounds.
Expressions of interest may be made in confidence to the Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit a curriculum vitae and a brief statement outlining your interest and relevant experience before 1pm on Monday 30th January 2023.
It is anticipated that in-person or virtual interviews will be held in February 2023.