Oesophageal Cancer Fund: Lollipop Day - Warehouse Fulfillment Lead Volunteer
The Oesophageal Cancer Fund is the National Charity for Oesophageal Cancer in Ireland, bringing the good fight to a bad cancer. OCF is passionately committed to the eradication of this disease, and, until that happens, to helping those affected live full, long lives.
Lollipop Day is the annual OCF National Awareness & Fundraising campaign, which aims to increase the awareness of the signs and symptoms of Oesophageal Cancer and raise vital funds for research into this difficult cancer.
This volunteer role will provide first-hand experience working on a large scale, national charity event. You will support the Lollipop Day campaign team by taking a lead role in warehouse and order fulfilment operations and support warehouse volunteers in their roles
Training will be provided, and a reference can be provided upon successful completion of volunteer post.
Role & Responsibilities
POSITION: Warehouse Fulfilment Lead
ROLE TYPE: Voluntary
START/END DATE: January - March 2023
HOURS: 2-3 days per week (dependent on workload)
OFFICE BASE: Lollipop Day HQ – Newlands Cross, Naas Road, Dublin
REPORT TO: National Fundraising Manager
EXPENSES: Lunch & parking/travel expenses offered
To further the mission and vision of the Oesophageal Cancer Fund and its future development by supporting the Lollipop Day campaign. The candidate will take a lead role in the warehouse operations and supporting packing centre volunteer activities to ensure that all campaign orders are fulfilled and materials are dispatched in a timely manner.
- Packing centre operations set up & management
- Volunteer briefing on tasks & manual handling
- Supervision & coordination of volunteer activities
- Order packing, checking & fulfilment
- Order data administration & reporting to campaign team
- Maintenance of adequate stock levels
- Carry out other appropriate duties which may be required from time to time
Person Specification: experience, skills & characteristics
The Lollipop Day team is a hard-working individual with a personable/friendly manner in possession of the following skills/experience:
- Communications skills
- English language skills
- Experience using MS office
- Experience with manual handling
- Experience in a similar role working in a warehouse and/or with volunteers
- Belief in and enthusiasm for the vision, mission and values of the Oesophageal Cancer Fund