Oesophageal Cancer Fund: Lollipop Day - Administrative Volunteer
The Oesophageal Cancer Fund is the National Charity for Oesophageal Cancer in Ireland, bringing the good fight to a bad cancer. OCF is passionately committed to the eradication of this disease, and, until that happens, to helping those affected live full, long lives.
Lollipop Day is the annual OCF National Awareness & Fundraising campaign, which aims to increase the awareness of the signs and symptoms of Oesophageal Cancer and raise vital funds for research into this difficult cancer.
This volunteer role will provide first-hand experience working on a large scale, national charity event. You will support the National Fundraising Manager and the Communications & Fundraising Assistant in coordinating volunteers across the country via phone & e-mail communications and providing related administrative support. You will also be required to support our warehouse team with order fulfilment, where necessary.
Training will be provided, and a reference can be provided upon successful completion of volunteer post.
Role & Responsibilities
POSITION: Administrative Assistant
ROLE TYPE: Voluntary
START/END DATE: January - March 2023
HOURS: 2-3 days per week (dependent on workload)
OFFICE BASE: Lollipop Day HQ – Newlands Cross, Naas Road, Dublin
REPORT TO: National Fundraising Manager
EXPENSES: Lunch & parking/travel expenses offered
To further the mission and vision of the Oesophageal Cancer Fund and its future development by administratively supporting the communications and fundraising work for the Lollipop Day campaign.
The candidate would be guided by the National Fundraising Manager and work alongside the Communications & Fundraising Assistant and Fulfilment Lead to provide general administrative and operational support to ensure the efficient and smooth operations of the Lollipop Day campaign.
- Assist in coordinating campaign collections with volunteers via outbound phone calls and e-mail
- Assist in managing incoming queries by phone & e-mail
- Assist with data entry tasks and maintaining effective communications and order records on internal systems
- Assist with related administrative tasks such as printing, packing and postage
- Assist with maintenance of adequate stock levels in our fulfilment centre
- Assist with fulfilment duties such as packing & fulfilling orders
- Carry out other appropriate duties which may be required from time to time
Person Specification: experience, skills & characteristics
The Lollipop Day team is seeking an individual with a personable, friendly manner in possession of the following skills, who is keen to learn more about working in a non-profit role or campaign:
- Communications skills
- English language skills
- Experience using MS office & Google suite (desirable)
- Experience with manual handling (desirable)
- Experience in a similar role in customer service, administration or communicating via phone & e-mail (desirable)
- Belief in and enthusiasm for the vision, mission and values of the Oesophageal Cancer Fund