The Royal Hospital Donnybrook: Volunteer Visitors, Receptionists & Drivers
The Royal Hospital Donnybrook (RHD) provides hospital care for people requiring rehabilitation, complex residential care, respite, and day hospital services. The service provided is characterised by a multidisciplinary team approach with medical, nursing and allied health professionals working together in a collaborative and dynamic way to meet the complex needs of people with chronic illness, physical and neuro disability.
Do you have a couple of hours to spare each week and would like to get more involved in your community? Volunteering is a great way to give back. Why not use your time to give one-on-one attention and make a difference to the life of a person living in a hospital setting?
As a Volunteer Visitor, this may include simple everyday activities such as reading the newspaper, doing crosswords, coffee and a chat, and walks around our beautiful grounds.
As a volunteer receptionist you will meeting with visitors, answering calls, providing directions.
Volunteer drivers would largely be involved in driving residents to appointments or events.
Volunteering with us will have a real impact, enhancing the quality of life for a person living in a long term care setting, boosting wellbeing, building confidence and self-esteem.
- Induction will be provided before you start.
- Staff will be available if you have any questions or concerns at any stage.
What's required for this position
- Good listening and communication skills.
- A patient caring person, sympathetic, with a non-judgmental approach.
- Can relate well to people with disabilities.
- Practical person and good at using own initiative.
- Empathy and patience. Friendly and reliable.
- Reliable / dependable / flexible
- Understanding and maintaining confidentiality
- Have a positive outlook and is enthusiastic.
- Hospitality/ Befriending
- Personable Skills
Level of English required for this role:
- Fluent English
Times and commitment required for this role
- Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
Morning, Afternoon & Evening
Minimum time commitment:
- 1 year
- 2hrs Weekly
- Location of volunteering opportunity: The Royal Hospital Donnybrook , Morehampton Road, Donnybrook Dublin 4
Screening details for this role:
- Formal Interview
- Garda Vetting
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Over 18
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
- Gaining valuable experience. Helping people who may need support is good for your own wellbeing.
- Bus : 46A 145 . Drive: Coming towards city centre through Donnybrook Village . Take the turn left after The Hampton Hotel onto Bloomfield Avenue- the hospital is at the end of the Avenue.
Registered Charity Number 20001605 Revenue Charity No. CHY 982