Barnardos: Gardener and DIY Volunteer
Barnardos Gardener and DIY Volunteer - Buckingham Street, Dublin 1
A volunteer with interest and experience in gardening and DIY is required to assist with small jobs for Barnardos in Buckingham Street, Dublin 1.
Outline of Volunteers Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Help with maintenance of the building, including the cleaning of gutters and outdoor areas.
- Small carpentry jobs such as hanging pictures, area clear-outs, maintenance of the interior building.
- Gardening, including watering and maintenance of outdoor plants and flowerbeds, pruning and weeding.
- Help with general tidying of any rubbish/debris in garden and surrounding areas.
Training and Support Plan:
- Barnardos will provide induction, and follow up training with volunteer, as required.
- Where possible the volunteer will attend training as provided centrally in Barnardos, and where linkages are available locally to other training providers.
- Supervised by Project Leader with delegation to Project Staff as assigned by Project Leader.
- As this volunteer role is a physical role the person should be in good health and know how to use the correct manual handling techniques when lifting, completing tasks etc.
Flexible arrangements regarding time to facilitate volunteer while also meeting the needs of our service. Project services operate Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm only. Time commitment will be 2-3hrs approximately every two/three weeks during the Autumn and Winter, and 1-2hrs weekly during the Spring and Summer months.
- Friendly and polite.
- Patience to deal with the various requests that can arise.
- Awareness of importance of confidentiality in relation to service users.
- Gets on well with children.
Application process, Garda Vetting and References required
For more information or to register your interest in this volunteer role please contact Rachael Kenny, Barnardos Volunteer Service, on 086 8570112 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org