HUGG: Volunteers for Suicide Bereavement Support Groups
Seeking Volunteers for Suicide Bereavement Support Groups
HUGG is a unique national suicide bereavement charity. It provides information, signposting, and support groups for anyone over 18 who has been bereaved by suicide. HUGG support groups are led by trained volunteers, who each have a lived experience of suicide bereavement. HUGG groups provide a free, safe, non-judgemental, and confidential space where people bereaved by suicide can share their experiences and feelings, and receive and offer support to each other. There is healing in being in the company of those who understand. HUGG support groups take place over zoom every second Tuesday 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
Bereavement by suicide shares characteristics with other bereavements but it is also different. Having lived experience of suicide bereavement, a requirement for becoming a HUGG group facilitator, ensures a better understanding and appreciation of the emotions and trauma group members may be going through. We are seeking new volunteers nationwide.
HUGG provides facilitator training, on-going support and paid expenses to our volunteers.
Are you interested in volunteering with HUGG?
- Have you been bereaved by suicide for 3 years or more and are over the age of 21?
- Do you enjoy working as part of a team?
- Are you open and accepting to people of other cultures, beliefs and sexual orientation?
- Are you open to developing suicide prevention skills?
- Are you willing to undergo online training over one weekend with HUGG to develop facilitation skills?
- Complete the HUGG self-assessment form to find out if it is the right time for you to volunteer: Link
HUGG’s next online training will take place mid-January 2023. The closing date to apply to partake in this training is Friday December 16th 2022. To learn more please email firstname.lastname@example.org or download the application form below. Also, if you are interested in learning more about volunteering with HUGG we are holding two live information sessions, simply click on a link below to register:
- Monday November 28th, 8pm-8.30pm - Registration link: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/nov-hugg-volunteer-information-session-tickets-468299034017
- Thursday December 1st, 1.15pm-1.45pm - Registration link: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/hugg-volunteer-information-session-tickets-465820631047
To learn more about HUGG please visit www.hugg.ie