Fingal Community and Recreation Services: Board Director with Finance Experience
Board Director with Finance Experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director with financial management experience to join our board. If you have an understanding of finance and financial management in the not-for-profit sector, experience with financial policies and controls pertinent to not-for-profits, and knowledge of compliance and risk management in not-for-profits then this will be of interest to you and we would love to meet you. The board will meet approximately 6 times a year. We look forward to answering any of your questions and to chatting about our future plans.
About the person
Fingal Community and Recreation Services CLG are currently seeking an individual with finance experience to join our Board. The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience in financial management and accounting. They should be a good communicator and confident in disseminating financial data with clarity.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Board in overseeing the preparation of annual accounts and financial reports to the board for the Charities Regulator and the CRO
- Support the Board and FCRS General Manager in ensuring that any recommendations of the auditors are implemented.
- Support the Board in reviewing and advising on financial procedures where necessary with the support of the manager and team
- Support the Board in ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- Attend and participate in Board and Finance Subcommittee meetings.
Responsibilities of Fingal Community and Recreation Services Board Members
- Provide strategic oversight of the company and the FCRS management
- Ensure that FCRS is complying with its objectives
- Ensure that FCRS is complying with all its regulatory and legal requirements
- Act in the best interests of the company
- Operate with transparency, integrity and honesty
Please forward a CV and Cover letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for this role to David McNally, General Manager FCRS at email@example.com. If you would like to have a chat about the role please e mail the general manager in the first instance.
Closing date for the role is 3rd January 2023 although we may bring the closing date forward if there are enough applicants and a successful candidate is found. So, please get your CV and cover letter in ASAP.