Dublin Simon Community: Volunteer - Yoga Teacher
Role Title: Part time volunteer - Yoga teacher
Role Purpose: To plan, lead and evaluate, fun, safe, inclusive yoga sessions that will encourage exercise, create a fun and safe environment for physical activity with the clients within Dublin Simon Community.
Reports to: Health and Wellbeing Project Worker – Client Development
Location: Various indoor and outdoor locations around Dublin
About Dublin Simon
Dublin Simon Community work to prevent and address homelessness in Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow and Meath. We provide services at all stages of homelessness and enable people to move to a place they can call home.
Dublin Simon Community is presently recruiting a yoga instructor to deliver weekly classes.
We hope to combine your experience and skills to create a fun and safe environment for physical activity and sport within the Dublin Simon Community
What is a meaningful activity?
A meaningful activity can be seen as a low-threshold activity that combines an element of training or education with something recreational or therapeutic in nature. Meaningful activities can often be a valuable first step towards further engagement.
What's required for this position
The Volunteer must have the interest, time and capability to facilitate yoga sessions with clients within the organisation.
Screening details for this role
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports
- Support/advice/ recognition
The role of the volunteer
- Complete an online induction training with Dublin Simon Community.
- In partnership with the Health and Wellbeing Project Worker design yoga sessions catered to our client’s abilities.
- Deliver in person indoor and outdoor training sessions in Dublin city centre area.
- Engage with and build professional trusting relationships with service users treating them with dignity and respect in order to work within the values of Dublin Simon Community (DSC).
- Follow best practice in GDPR as well as all record keeping as advised by the Client Development Project Worker.
Requirements of all Dublin Simon Volunteers
- Commitment to the purpose of Dublin Simon Community and to volunteer within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations.
- To report any area of concern to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Have a flexible approach to your placement in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
- Participate in training opportunities appropriate to the role and in line with best practice.
- To be vigilant of any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your supervisor.
- To participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
- To undertake your volunteering in a manner that is friendly, flexible and informal.