ShoutOut: Board Director - Treasurer
Board Director - Treasurer
ShoutOut is a registered charity working to improve LGBTQ+ inclusion through education. Our core activities are educational workshops in schools and in workplaces. Other activities include educational resource development, consultation, and advice. ShoutOut’s core values are education, inclusion, and allyship.
Since 2012 we have delivered over 2,500 workshops to some 67,500 young people in secondary schools across the island of Ireland, to combat homophobic and transphobic bullying.
In addition to our workshops for students, we also provide capacity building training to teachers, youth workers and organisations working with young people, including charities, public bodies, and educational institutions. Our secondary schools work is primarily resourced through our workplace training and inclusion programmes, which aim at building supportive working environments for LGBTQ+ employees.
ShoutOut is a registered charity and in the final stages of registering as a Company Limited by Guarantee. ShoutOut is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors who meet every 6 weeks to provide oversight and support risk management for ShoutOut operations and growth, with an AGM in August and occasional strategy days and social events. Meetings are mostly held in Dublin with online meeting options for those outside Dublin.
ShoutOut is seeking to recruit a Treasurer and two general Board members to support our growth. For the role of Treasurer we are looking for someone with finance expertise, ideally in the charity sector. The following are the functions of the Treasurer:
Financial oversight of the board:
- Providing the board meetings with financial reports including income, expenditure, cash flow, reserve funds, and estimates for future expenditure;
- Providing advice to the Board of Directors on all financial matters including procuring outside services;
- Overseeing the preparation of annual accounts and financial reports to the board for the Charities Regulator and the CRO;
- Convening the Finance and Audit (F&A) Committee for review and approval of financial actions.
- Drafting and oversight of financial policies and procedures;
- Advising the board on how to carry out its fiduciary responsibilities and on financial propriety.
- Monitoring and advising on ShoutOut’s reserve funds.
Support to staff on finance functions:
- Oversight of the ShoutOut quarterly and annual budget and financial performance;
- Oversight of financial (e.g. cash management) and cost controls;
- Monitoring the financial administration of ShoutOut;
- Review of salaries and consultant fees;
- Oversight on payroll with HR Committee;
- Supporting external oversight and audit of ShoutOut accounts;
- Providing oversight on ShoutOut’s expenditure and payment of expenses, particularly on the Executive Director's transactions and expenses.
The Treasurer role does not involve reimbursing volunteers for their expenses, nor does the role involve writing grant applications.
This is an unremunerated role. Applications for the role of Treasurer board member are accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a recent CV and cover note explaining your interest in joining the Board at ShoutOut as Treasurer.