Addiction Response Crumlin: Board Member
Addiction Response Crumlin CLG
Member: Role Description & Person Specification
The Board Members takes on the ultimate legal and financial responsibility for all the activities of the organisation. They maintain an overview of policy and strategic direction rather than being involved in the day-to-day operations. The role of each member of the Board is summarised below:
Vision and Leadership:
- To be committed to the vision, mission and values of the organisation,
- To provide strategic direction, including agreeing and monitoring strategic plans
- To keep informed of the activities of the organisation and the wider issues of its
- To ensure the work of the organisation is monitored and evaluated
Accountability and Legal Responsibilities
- To ensure the organisation complies with its governing document (i.e. constitution or memorandum and articles of association).
- To ensure the organisation keeps to the law, including charity and company law.
- To ensure the organisation makes efficient use of resources, in particular that all monies are applied to its objects, agreed plans and budgets.
- To ensure that risks to the organisation, staff, volunteers and service users are at an acceptable level and are managed.
- To be accountable to Service Users, funders and other stakeholders.
Financial and Staff Management
- To understand the financial position of the organisation.
- To ensure the organisation operates within its agreed accounting policies.
- To ensure adequate financial resources for the organisation.
- To contribute to fundraising strategies.
- To ensure the organisation is properly insured against all reasonable liabilities.
- To ensure the organisation is a responsible employer and adheres to legislation.
- To effectively support the CEO.
Qualities and Skills of Board Members
- Good leadership skills.
- Understanding of and commitment to the organisation mission and values.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impartiality and fairness.
- Ability to respect confidences.
- Good time-keeping.
Time Commitment Required:
This role requires an estimated commitment of three hours per month.
If you are interested in becoming a voluntary board member.
Please send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the following email: