Enclude: Board Member – Community Development
Board Member – Community Development
Enclude is a non-profit and registered charity, established in 2006 with a mission to increase the digital capacity of Irish charities. We work with charities across the sector to adopt appropriate technology solutions to improve their capacity to better service the needs of their service users and achieve a greater impact in their work.
The Role: Non-Executive Director of Community Development.
Enclude is seeking to recruit someone to fill the role of Non-Executive Director of Community Development, on the Board. The successful candidate(s) will have an appropriate business/community development qualification and have prior experience working in a similar role, within the non-profit sector.
Enclude is looking for a member(s) of the board of directors with community development experience to play an active role in guiding and promoting our work across the non-profit sector including within the addiction, homeless, volunteering, mental health, disability, domestic violence, family support and youth service areas.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- An understanding of, and commitment to our mission and values
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO and Board members
- Comply with the charity’s governing document
- Ensuring the charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Acting with reasonable care and skill
- Managing the assets of the charity
- Commitment to all legal and fiduciary responsibilities, ensuring compliance with statutory obligations and ensuring best practice in corporate governance.
Specific Responsibilities of this Role
- Provide input and insights to the CEO and Board on sectoral structures, development matters, issues, regulatory and reporting frameworks
- Provide input and support to the CEO and Board with the framing of appropriate development strategies and offerings to expand our reach and impact across the sector
- Provide assistance to the CEO and Board to develop appropriate communications and community outreach strategies and connections to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted stakeholders
- Provide guidance to the CEO and Board on the continued development and enhancement of a QA management framework
- Support with the development and monitoring of effective risk management strategies
- Ensuring compliance with the Charity Regulator's Governance Code.
Essential Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities:
- The candidate will be a qualified business development/community development professional, ideally with at least 3 years senior management experience in the non-profit, or public sector.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector, its structures and related agencies and funders
- Experience of organisations that operate for the benefit of communities
- Experience of working with public and/or community organisations
- Experience of building and developing successful partnerships, alliances and working relationships with a range of organisations and stakeholders
- Good business acumen and the ability to understand and frame service and development models leveraging technology/digital offerings would be helpful
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance would be welcome.
This is a voluntary role.
Directors serve a three-year term from the date of their appointment and are eligible for one additional term of three years. There are 7 to 8 board meetings a year which are scheduled outside normal business hours. In person board meetings are held in Dublin City with the option to join via video call.
We would like to hear from you if you think you can help us to build and strengthen the capacity of the non-profit sector. Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 24th January 2022.
Registered Charity No. 20064006, Company Registration No. 442488