Edenmore Drug Intervention Team: Voluntary Board of Director Vacancies
Voluntary Board of Director Vacancies
The Board of Directors of EDIT are seeking expressions of interest from candidates to become a Director on the Board of EDIT
EDIT is looking for new Directors who have qualifications and skills in the following areas: Substance use issues, youth justice, community development, fundraising, law and organisational strategy and development to help oversee the implementation of our new strategic plan 2021-2025 – Achieving Excellence.
Located at Edenmore Shopping Centre, EDIT provides specialist supports for young people and adults who are experiencing problems because of their alcohol or drug use. EDIT delivers a high standard of care with a professional and qualified staff team and have a proven success rate in helping people to improve and even transform their lives using a practical and sensible approach.
If you have a passion for social issues and would like to make a real difference in the lives of other people then volunteering for EDIT would be a great choice! Board membership can offer you an opportunity to develop new skills, to connect with others, to promote the voice and rights of the most vulnerable members of our society and to bring a sense of fulfilment knowing that you are having a positive impact in the lives of others.
We are seeking experienced and enthusiastic new board members who:
- Has professional experience in corporate governance and/or an area of organisational management such as: finance; HR; strategy development; change management; PR and communications; or organisational sustainability.
- Can commit to a minimum of one year on the board
- Will attend and engage at meetings approximately once every 6 weeks (Thursday evenings)
- Will be responsive to correspondence in between meetings when decisions/guidance/support are required by the Services Manager
- Will participate in occasional board training
- Familiarity with the Charities Governance Code (compliance will be mandatory by 2020) is not required. However, if the candidate is new to the sector and associated corporate governance developments, a willingness to become familiar with such and contribute to the organisation’s achievement of timely compliance will be necessary.
- Develop your career through first-hand experience at the most senior level of an organisation, exercising strategy, contributing to major decisions, overseeing performance and acting as an advocate
- Become a governance leader, enhancing the governing capacity of a community-based organisation
- Enhance the board’s diversity by sharing your point of view
- Make a meaningful difference to a non-profit organisation and the community they serve, by sharing your professional skill-set
- Work with inspirational people with a wealth of cross-sectoral experience
Support and supervision:
- Induction to the organisation and briefing pack
- Local area partnership provides free Directors Training including an overview of the Governance Code
- Meetings are currently held remotely which offers more accessibility than face to face meetings. Meetings will remain on line for the foreseeable future but will meet face to face on occasion at Edenmore, Dublin 5.
- Approximately every 6 weeks, usually on Thursday evenings for approximately 2 – 2.5 hours
To apply for this exciting opportunity please complete the attached Expression of Interest Form and email to:
Deborah Morgans, Services Manager