Edenmore Early Education Centre: Treasurer
Edenmore Early Education Centre are seeking a new Board Member to take on the role of Treasurer
Edenmore Early Education Centre is a not-for-profit early education and family support organisation located in Dublin 5. We provide early education and intervention to children from ages 2 - 6 years, and provide a range of services including family support, parenting programmes, baby and toddler playgroups, and work closely with local agencies and organisations. Our Centre is part funded by Tusla Child and Family Agency and The Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth. We are registered with the Charities Regulator as a charity organisation.
Edenmore Early Education Centre are seeking a Treasurer to join our long-established Board of Management committee, as the current members holding the posts are retiring from the Board.
The voluntary board currently consists of 6 members, including the Manager of the Early Education Centre and a staff representative. The Board is responsible for ensuring that the organisation is operating in line with governance requirements, to provide guidance and leadership to the staff at Edenmore EEC to achieve their strategic goals and objectives.
Role and responsibility include the following:
- Oversee the financial matters of the organisation
- Assume a leadership role on board committee or initiatives related to financial matters
- Liaise with Management of Edenmore EEC who are responsible for financial management of funds on a day-to-day basis when needed for guidance or approval of spends
- Support the management team to prepare for mid-year and end of year audits
- Support the management team with submission of the annual Charities Regulator Annual report
- Report on the current financial position of the charity at each Board meeting
- Providing input to the strategic direction of Edenmore EEC and contributing with insight, oversight, and experience.
Qualities and skills desired:
- Experience of the financial management and governance of non-profit organisations (preferable)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the roles/responsibilities of a governing body
- Interest in early intervention and prevention/children and family support/ community development.
There will be 4 board meetings per school term (September – June). Meetings are currently being held via Zoom, but previously held on site at Edenmore EEC in Dublin 5.
If you are interested in joining our long-established Board or would like to discuss the role further, please send an email of interest for the attention of our current Chairperson, Lyndsey Anderson, to firstname.lastname@example.org