Accessible Counselling Tullamore: Final Year Student Counsellors / Psychotherapists
Final year student Counsellors / Psychotherapists required for volunteer positions
Applications are invited from final year student counsellors/psychotherapists for volunteer positions in Accessible Counselling Tullamore (ACT).
- We are a new community counselling service with purpose built premises in the town centre.
- Our mission in ACT is to support people in the community maintaining positive mental health by providing effective and accessible counselling and psychotherapy services.
- We are seeking final year student counsellors/psychotherapists for volunteer positions.
- Final year students who have completed 100 hours of client work are invited to apply.
- All counselling, whether face-to-face or online, is conducted at ACT premises.
- Counsellors/Psychotherapists are invited to volunteer to meet four clients per week
Apply by sending CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach to your email documentary evidence of the following:
- Satisfactory completion of 100 hours client work.
- Adequate, current and ongoing, professional indemnity insurance.
- Appropriate supervision in place – name and contact details of supervisor.
- Membership of counselling/psychotherapy association e.g. IACP, IAHIP, etc.
- Completion of required personal therapy.
Large group in-house supervision for all counsellors is provided for 1.5 hours every six weeks. It is a requirement that all counsellors working with clients in ACT attend large group supervision.
Small group supervision (maximum 4 counsellors) is available to book every six weeks.
Garda vetting is also a requirement.
All documentation received by Accessible Counselling Tullamore will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Acts and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR 2018)
Further information available from:
Dympna Summerville, B.Sc. (Hons)
Co-ordinator, Accessible Counselling Tullamore