Family Carers Ireland Counselling Service: Pre-accredited Counsellors / Psychotherapists
Family Carers Ireland is the national charity supporting the 500,000+ Family Carers across the country who care for loved ones such as children or adults with physical or intellectual disabilities, frail older people, those with palliative care needs or those living with chronic illnesses, mental health difficulties or addiction. The supports we offer aim to enhance the wellbeing of family carers through and beyond their care journey. Our vision is an Ireland in which family carers are properly recognised, supported and empowered.
Family Carers Ireland Counselling Service is embedded within a framework of individual and group based supports provided to family carers across Ireland. The service provides one-to-one counselling to family carers mainly through online and telephone, with face-to-face counselling available in some of our 22 centres around the country.
Applications are invited from pre-accredited counsellors /psychotherapists for volunteer positions on our Clinical Placement Programme in Family Carers Ireland Counselling Service.
- Volunteers are asked to commit to providing 3 hours per week.
- Volunteers must be pre-accredited members of IACP, IAHIP or PSI
- Network meetings are held every 8 weeks
- Small group supervision sessions which meet IACP requirements are provided every 8 weeks
Applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should provide:
- CV outlining qualifications and experience within counselling and other relevant experience
- Evidence of satisfactory completion of accredited course in counselling/psychotherapy
- Evidence of membership of counselling accreditation body
- Overview of any personal or professional experience of family caring
Further information available from:
Anna de Siún
National Lead for Psychosocial Support