Cultúr Migrant Centre: Research & Policy Volunteer Intern
- To work on the delivery of a specific number of research projects using appropriate and creative methodologies to design research projects using quantitative and qualitative methods
Main Tasks and Activities
- Discussing and agreeing project requirements with the organisation and those linked to the organisation e.g. migrants, community, voluntary and statutory agencies
- Drafting research specifications and agreeing the terms of reference for research with interested parties;
- Tendering for research contracts over the course of the internship
- Working with the organisation’s team members in creating draft research instruments, such as questionnaires, carrying out surveys, organisation of interviews, conducting case studies,
- working in close partnership with a range of actors, including government analysts, and policy colleagues during the course of the research;
- Conducting then analysing, in-depth interviews with migrants and other data sets;
- Collating and editing draft reports;
- Ensuring that research is conducted within a set time frame to meet policy requirements;
- Ensuring quality control of research in conjunction with the project manager;
- Providing information and analysis on a policy issue and its development in conjunction with other team members;
- Providing information on what research is already available in a policy area relating to migrants, racism, inequalities and social exclusion;
- Producing both written and oral briefs in conjunction with other team members for the organisation and ministers, based on reviews of research evidence for policy development;
- Delivering presentations at conferences and other events with other team members relevant to the research projects undertaken
- Keeping up to date with developments in policy and social issues, as well as qualitative and quantitative research methods;
Skills and qualities required
- An interest in social issues including migration, equality and human rights
- A thorough methodical approach to work and commitment to high quality research
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to gather information from people.
- Ability to explain findings clearly, both verbally and in written reports to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team
- Meticulous planning skills and self motivation.
The intern will be responsible to Cultur’s Programme Manager for supervision; however, they will link with other workers in the organisation who they will work with on specific initiatives.
- The Intern will be fully supported to carry out the role.
- The intern will gain excellent work experience
- Free additional training will be made available where possible and suitable on migrant related issues
To apply for this position, please send your CV and Cover Letter by email for the attention of: email@example.com. The closing date for application is the 8th November 2021. To access more information on the work of Cultúr go to www.cultur.ie