Cultúr Migrant Centre: Communications & Media Volunteer Intern
Cultúr is a community work organisation working across County Meath with ethnic minorities including immigrants, migrant workers, asylum seekers and refugees. We are passionate and committed to equality, human rights and social justice and currently seeking a volunteer Communications Intern to support the implementation of the communications and information functions of the organisation in line with the overall communication strategy of Cultúr as a migrant organisation with other team members.
This role requires a strong charismatic person with up-to-date networking skills and communication skills, who is seeking to develop their experience in the charitable sector. A background in media, communications or event management is advantageous but not essential
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- To work closely with the organisation staff and board in realising the day to day communication function of Cultúr in line with the communications strategy
- To prepare media statements and briefings, and organise publicity and media events in line with the strategy of the organisation
- To liaise with different project and programme areas identifying areas of cross cutting work opportunities e.g. fundraising, policy and campaigning opportunities
- Create and foster new relationships with key Cultúr target communities including local media
- Create materials for both digital and postal communications
- Design, develop and publish online content through Cultúr’s social media platforms, maximising its potential and ensuring the work of the organisation is communicated effectively and efficiently on the website
- To assist in the compilation of reports particularly in terms of editing ensure that all publications of the organisation including newsletters, advertising, briefing reports etc are in line with the overall communication strategy of the organisation
- To ensure our database(s) are up to date and fit for purpose for the organisation to ensure its communication functions are carried out effectively
The successful candidate will report to the Programme Manager and play an integral role in planning, running and reporting on media events relating to Cultúr.
This is an unpaid volunteer intern position of 17.5 hours per week commitment.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and Cover Letter by email for the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for application is the 8th November 2021. To access more information on the work of Cultúr go to www.cultur.ie