Clare Haven Services: Local Area Support Volunteer
Clare Haven Services is the Domestic Abuse Support Agency working with Women and Children who are or have been subjected to domestic abuse in Co Clare.
Clare Haven provides a complete continuum of care providing for the access of women and children to supports at earliest intervention through provision of prevention and awareness raising programmes, community-based support, refuge accommodation, transitional accommodation and post refuge/ transitional support.
Volunteer Vacancy- Local Area Support Volunteer
Job Title: Local Area Support Volunteer
Location: Ennistymon, Kilrush, Shannon, Killaloe, Scariff,
Hours: 4 hours every two weeks - with a chance to extend
Position: 5 Voluntary Roles
Commitment: 2 years
Role: Local Support Volunteer to promote Clare Haven Service and work with our client support workers to develop our presence and awareness of our services in a specific area of the county. This role is the conduit between the service and the local community for the purposes of public awareness and fund-raising. Assist the service to maximise our impact and to promote ourselves as widely as possible to the local community.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Holding and distributing materials and resources related to our services
- Meeting with client support regularly and assisting in giving public awareness talks in local venues as and when requested.
- Being a point of contact in the local community and answering queries about our services.
- Keep up to date with Clare Haven events and news and informing the local community
- Supporting Clare Haven in fundraising initiatives at a local level.
Relevant Skills, Competencies and Experience
- To be empathetic and kind
- To be practical and observant
- To have interpersonal skills that allows you to engage positively with people in your community.
- To have communication skills that allows you to be heard and understood
- Good understanding of confidentiality
- The ability to work equally well in a team and unsupervised
- An interest in, knowledge of or willingness to learn about Clare Haven Services, gender-based violence, coercive control and equality/ social justice issues.
- Professional & Personal Development
- Development of communication skills
- Training relevant to the role will be provided
- Experience of working with social care organisations and a range of other key stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of networking and awareness raising initiatives are planned and delivered
- References to add to your CV
- The opportunity to contribute in the recovery of women and children to enhance the sense of self-worth, contribute to the empowerment of women to live in freedom and safety from domestic abuse.
- Meet new people.
- Opportunity to learn about domestic violence and work in a trauma focused setting.
- Feel part of a highly professional and skilled team.
- Opportunity to be part of a growing organisation that is innovative, nurturing and tirelessly work to create societal change.
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability for the role.
Clare Haven Services is an equal opportunities service