Clare Haven Services: Marshals / Ushers / Event Support Volunteer
Clare Haven Services is the Domestic Abuse Support Agency working with Women and Children who are or have been subjected to domestic abuse in Co Clare.
Clare Haven provides a complete continuum of care providing for the access of women and children to supports at earliest intervention through provision of prevention and awareness raising programmes, community-based support, refuge accommodation, transitional accommodation and post refuge/ transitional support.
Volunteer Vacancy- Marshals/Ushers/Event Support Volunteer
Job Title: Marshal/Usher/ Event Support Volunteer
Location: Clare Haven Services CLG and venues across the county
Hours: Sporadic, as and when, with the busiest time between November and December due to the 16 Days of Action
Position: Voluntary Role
Commitment: 2 years
Role: Marshal/Usher Event Support Volunteer to promote, develop and be on-site personnel to support participants at our public awareness and fund-raising events. This ensures all activities run safely and smoothly while ensuring a positive experience for the participants. Assist the service to maximise our impact and to promote ourselves as widely as possible to the local community.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directing and guiding participants
- Answering questions about the activity
- Ensuring the coming and goings are within safety guidelines
- Holding buckets, handing out flyers or cards, handing out candles - it depends on the event
- Ensure that a wide range of local stakeholders and diverse audience are made feel welcome
- Keep up to date with Clare Haven events and news and making suggestions to inform the activity
Relevant Skills, Competencies and Experience
- To be empathetic and kind
- To be practical and observant
- To have interpersonal skills that allows you to engage positively with participants.
- To have communication skills that allows you to be heard and understood
- Good understanding of confidentiality
- The ability to work equally well in a team and unsupervised
- An interest in, knowledge of or willingness to learn about Clare Haven Services, gender-based violence, coercive control and equality/ social justice issues.
- Professional & Personal Development
- Development of communication skills
- Training relevant to the role will be provided
- Experience of working with social care organisations and a range of other key stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of how awareness and fund-raising events are planned and delivered
- References to add to your CV
- The opportunity to contribute in the recovery of women and children to enhance the sense of self-worth, contribute to the empowerment of women to live in freedom and safety from domestic abuse.
- Meet new people.
- Opportunity to learn about domestic violence and work in a trauma focused setting.
- Feel part of a highly professional and skilled team.
- Opportunity to be part of a growing organisation that is innovative, nurturing and tirelessly work to create societal change.
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability for the role.
Clare Haven Services is an equal opportunities service