Brú Youth Service CLG: Volunteer Board Member
Brú Youth Service CLG is seeking to recruit volunteers for its Board of Management in Crumlin, Dublin 12. The commitment would be 2 hours monthly for Board of Management meetings and is open to anyone who would like to participate and that meets the below criteria.
Who we are:
Brú Youth Service aims to actively deliver a quality professional youth work service that is caring, compassionate, and enables young people to fulfil their potential and to participate more fully in the life of the local community and society.
Our programmes are designed with the specific needs of the young people we work together with. Brú Youth Service is a company limited by guarantee and is a registered charity (CHY17989)
Volunteer Director of Brú Youth Service
Brú Youth Service is looking to expand its boards directors and members with specific areas of expertise required as follows; Human Resources, Finance, Legal and community representation.
The volunteer director of Brú Youth Service CLG will be expected to fulfil all of the duties and responsibilities associated with a company director according to the Companies Act.
The successful candidate in this role may have an opportunity to progress to the role of Chairperson or another significant role on the board.
To provide strong governance and leadership to Brú Youth Service as part of Board of Management Team.
- Act in the interests of Brú Youth Service CLG
- Robust management and governance of Brú Youth Service
- Management of all activities of Brú Youth Service including (but not exclusively) Finance, HR, Compliance, Risk Management, PR, Funding and project development.
- Experience of working in a leadership role
- Energy and Enthusiasm
- Ability to work on a team and on own initiative
- Knowledge of or experience of company governance would be an advantage
- Ability to build a strong network of relationships that can be used for the benefit of Brú Youth Serivce
- Strong Communications Skills – Written and Verbal
- Dedication and a commitment to the provision of a quality service to the Young People of Crumlin and Walkinstown
- 1-2 hours every month to attend a board meeting (evening time)
- There may be additional time required if specific tasks are undertaken as agreed by the Board of Management
Brú Youth Service CLG recruits volunteers on an equal opportunities’ basis
Please send in your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 29th October 2021
- If selected you will be invited to an information evening where you will learn more about the services we offer, the role of the Board of Management
The successful candidate will attend an induction session explaining how Brú Youth Service is structured and what Brú Youth Service does etc.
If you have any queries/questions about Brú Youth Service or about this role then please contact us at 01 455 7800