Endometriosis Association of Ireland: Treasurer
The Endometriosis Association of Ireland (EAI) is looking for a Treasurer. This is a voluntary board position. You will be working closely with the board in keeping the accounts up to date, helping to prepare annual budgets and providing monthly reports at board meetings.
The EAI is a small, dynamic volunteer charity at an exciting and pivotal point in its growth. We provide information and support for people affected by endometriosis and related conditions in Ireland, through services including an annual information day, small support group meetings, information leaflets, email correspondence and members' forum and newsletters. We also support research into endometriosis and its impact on people's lives and we provide information and member contact for media outlets. We maintain ongoing contact with and constantly learn from our colleagues in endometriosis patient support groups internationally.
We particularly welcome applications from people with professional experience or strong knowledge in the charity sector, and with a commitment to supporting the growth and good governance of the organisation.
The role of Treasurer will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
1. General financial oversight
- Oversee the preparation of budgets, accounts and financial statements, ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- Have an overview of the organisation’s financial resources in order to advise the board on financial implications of proposals, cash flow problems, etc.
- As a trustee, work with the rest of the board to ensure the EAI's compliance with the Charities Governance Code.
2. Financial reporting
- Present regular financial reports at board meetings.
- Assist with reporting obligations for grants.
- Work with the auditor on the preparation of annual accounts, to be presented at the AGM.
- Work with other board members on the preparation of reports for the Charities Regulator.
3. Other tasks that arise as appropriate to the role, including, for example…
- Track income from membership fees, donations and fundraising.
- Process expenses forms from board and volunteers.
- Liaise with Google Ads, PayPal Giving, iDonate, etc as required for online donations and income compliance.
- Process CHY3 and CHY4 forms
Skills, Qualities & Commitments sought:
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accountancy methods.
- Knowledge of financial governance, ideally charity financial governance.
- Ability to communicate financial data to the board.
- Experience of preparing accounts for Auditor.
- Be available to attend monthly board meetings.
- Commitment to working within a team of volunteers to further the aims of the EAI.
- Commitment to working with the team to promote and maintain compliance with the Charities Governance Code.
Endometriosis Awareness: It is not necessary for applicants to have personal experience of endometriosis. However, adequate awareness and knowledge of endometriosis and the impact it has on individuals and society is preferred.
Please submit your CV and cover letter, outlining why you think you would be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 31st October 2021.