Aoibhneas: Helpline Volunteer
Aoibhneas is a Domestic Abuse Support Agency working with Women and Children who are or have been affected by domestic abuse.
Aoibhneas provides a complete continuum of care within a service of excellence. A complete continuum of care arrangement provides for the access of women and children to supports at earliest intervention through provision of prevention and awareness raising programmes, community-based support, refuge accommodation, transitional accommodation and post refuge/ transitional support.
Volunteer Vacancy – Helpline Volunteer
Job Title: Helpline Volunteer
Location: Aoibhneas CLG
Hours: 4 hours a week (flexible Monday to Sunday 9 am – 9 pm)
Position : Voluntary Role
Commitment: 2 years
Duties & Responsibilities
The purpose of the job is to:
- Represent the first point of contact on our helpline, you will provide for callers experiencing domestic abuse and presenting in crisis, supporters of victims experiencing domestic abuse and professionals seeking information, support or referral a listening ear, information, support and referral.
- Provide practical and emotional support to women who have or are experiencing physical, emotional, sexual and/or financial abuse.
- Advice and assistance on legal, housing, social welfare, rights and entitlements, budgeting.
- Information, advocacy and referral to appropriate services.
- Referral to refuge.
- Support administrative and record keeping for clients accessing court accompaniment service.
- Enhance Safety of women and children.
Desirable Person Specification
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to assess and monitor risk
- Good Boundaries
- Ability to work flexibly in a team with enthusiasm and commitment
- Experience working with people
- Understanding of, and compassion with, the overall aims of Aoibhneas
- Child Protection and Child Welfare Awareness
- Experience Working with children and vulnerable adults
- Understanding of Domestic, Sexual Gender Based Violence.
- Professional & Personal Development
- The opportunity to contribute in the recovery of women and children to enhance the sense of self-worth, contribute to the empowerment of women to live in freedom and safety from domestic abuse.
- Opportunity to learn about domestic violence and work in a trauma focused setting.
- Feel part of a highly professional and skilled team.
- Opportunity to be part of a growing organisation that is innovative, nurturing and tirelessly work to create societal change.
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability for the role.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 21st September, 2021 for the attention of
Head of Services
PO Box 5504
Tel. 01 867 0805
All offers of employment with Aoibhneas are subject to Garda Vetting. Aoibhneas is an equal opportunities employer