Aoibhneas: Social Media Volunteer
Aoibhneas is a Domestic Abuse Support Agency working with Women and Children who are or have been affected by domestic abuse.
Aoibhneas provides a complete continuum of care within a service of excellence. A complete continuum of care arrangement provides for the access of women and children to supports at earliest intervention through provision of prevention and awareness raising programmes, community-based support, refuge accommodation, transitional accommodation and post refuge/ transitional support.
Volunteer Vacancy- Social Media Volunteer
Job Title: Social Media Volunteer
Location: Aoibhneas CLG
Hours: 6 hours a week
Position: Voluntary Role
Commitment: 2 years
Role: Social Media volunteer to promote, develop and maintain our online presence in order to maximise our impact and to promote ourselves as widely as possible to the local community.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help create and maintain a social media plan
- Use social media to promote the activities and achievements of Aoibhneas
- Keeping our social media channels updated on a frequent basis
- Encouraging others to comment on our posts and share them with others
- Ensure that communication reaches a wide range of local stakeholders and diverse audience
- Develop and manage content for our website and social media, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Select relevant channels to reach our diverse audiences
- Track the effectiveness of our social media work and recommend ways forward.
- Test content and review its impact.
- Keep up to date with Aoibhneas events and news, and choosing what to promote through our social media feeds
- Develop publicity materials and communication techniques to target communities who are under-represented.
- Visiting our projects and attend our events with a view to writing articles about them.
Relevant Skills, Competencies and Experience
- An understanding of different types of marketing and communications media, including electronic and social media.
- To be able to communicate effectively, be articulate, with strong writing skills and the ability to feedback accurately
- Experience of using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to transform small snippets of information into interesting and engaging stories suitable for Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Good understanding of confidentiality
- The ability to work equally well in a team and unsupervised
- An interest in, knowledge of or willingness to learn about Aoibhneas, gender-based violence, coercive control and equality/ social justice issues.
- Professional & Personal Development
- Development of communication skills
- PR and marketing experience
- Social media development skills
- Data handling skills
- Free training relevant to the role will be provided
- Experience of working with social care organisations and a range of other key stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of how health and social care services are planned delivered and commissioned
- References to add to your CV
- Increase your confidence and gain new skills including on-going development and training
- The opportunity to contribute in the recovery of women and children to enhance the sense of self-worth, contribute to the empowerment of women to live in freedom and safety from domestic abuse.
- Opportunity to learn about domestic violence and work in a trauma focused setting.
- Feel part of a highly professional and skilled team.
- Opportunity to be part of a growing organisation that is innovative, nurturing and tirelessly work to create societal change.
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability for the role.
Please email email@example.com by Tuesday 21st September, 2021 for the attention of
Head of Services
PO Box 5504
Tel. 01 867 0805
All offers of employment with Aoibhneas are subject to Garda Vetting. Aoibhneas is an equal opportunities employer