Aoibhneas: Therapy and Holistic Practitioners
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Aoibhneas is a Domestic Abuse Support Agency working with Women and Children who are or have been affected by domestic abuse.
Aoibhneas provides a complete continuum of care within a service of excellence. A complete continuum of care arrangement provides for the access of women and children to supports at earliest intervention through provision of prevention and awareness raising programmes, community-based support, refuge accommodation,
transitional accommodation and post refuge/ transitional support.
Volunteer Vacancies – Therapy and Holistic Practitioners
Job Title: Therapy and Holistic Practitioners
Location: Aoibhneas CLG
Hours: 4 hours a week
Position: Voluntary Role
Commitment: 2 years
Duties & Responsibilities
The purpose of this voluntary role is to:
- Provide therapeutical and holistic supports to women and children living with Domestic Violence and to support a wraparound delivery of services that takes a family from crisis to recovery.
- Provide psychotherapy and counselling services.
- Provide other holistic supports such as Yoga for Trauma, Embodiment Therapies, Acupuncture, Reiki, Massage, and other alternative holistic therapies that support recovery from the trauma of Domestic Abuse.
- Support administrative and record keeping for clients accessing psychotherapy and holistic supports.
- Enhance Psychological Safety of women and children.
- Qualification in Psychotherapy, Counselling and Holistic Therapies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good Boundaries
- Ability to work flexibly in a team with enthusiasm and commitment
- Experience working with people
- Understanding of, and compassion with, the overall aims of Aoibhneas
- Child Protection and Child Welfare Awareness
- Experience Working with children and vulnerable adults
- Professional & Personal Development
- The opportunity to contribute in the recovery of women and children to enhance the sense of self-worth, contribute to the empowerment of women to live in freedom and safety from domestic abuse.
- Opportunity to learn about domestic violence and work in a trauma focused setting.
- Feel part of a highly professional and skilled team.
- Opportunity to be part of a growing organisation that is innovative, nurturing and tirelessly work to create societal change.
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability for the role.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 17th September, 2021 for the attention of
Head of Services
PO Box 5504
Tel. 01 867 0805
All offers of employment with Aoibhneas are subject to Garda Vetting.
Aoibhneas is an equal opportunities employer