Aoibhneas: Court Accompaniment Support Role
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Aoibhneas is a Domestic Abuse Support Agency working with Women and Children who are or have been affected by domestic abuse.
Aoibhneas provides a complete continuum of care within a service of excellence. A complete continuum of care arrangement provides for the access of women and children to supports at earliest intervention through provision of prevention and awareness raising programmes, community-based support, refuge accommodation,
transitional accommodation and post refuge/ transitional support.
Volunteer Vacancy – Court Accompaniment Support Role
Job Title: Court Accompaniment Support Role
Location: Aoibhneas CLG
Hours: 4 hours a week (flexible Monday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm)
Position: Voluntary Role
Commitment: 2 years
Duties & Responsibilities
The purpose of the job is to:
- Provide support to women attending court as part of the Court Accompaniment function of the service.
- Provide information and support to women accessing the court accompaniment service.
- Support administrative and record keeping for clients accessing court accompaniment service.
- Enhance Safety of women and children.
Desirable Person Specification
- Knowledge of the Irish Court Systems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to assess and monitor risk
- Good Boundaries
- Ability to work flexibly in a team with enthusiasm and commitment
- Experience working with people
- Understanding of, and compassion with, the overall aims of Aoibhneas
- Child Protection and Child Welfare Awareness
- Experience Working with children and vulnerable adults
- Professional & Personal Development
- The opportunity to contribute in the recovery of women and children to enhance the sense of self-worth, contribute to the empowerment of women to live in freedom and safety from domestic abuse.
- Opportunity to learn about domestic violence and work in a trauma focused setting.
- Feel part of a highly professional and skilled team.
- Opportunity to be part of a growing organisation that is innovative, nurturing and tirelessly work to create societal change.
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability for the role.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 17th September, 2021 for the attention of
Head of Services
PO Box 5504
Tel. 01 867 0805
All offers of employment with Aoibhneas are subject to Garda Vetting.
Aoibhneas is an equal opportunities employer