Aoibhneas: Christmas Helpers
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Aoibhneas is a Domestic Abuse Support Agency working with Women and Children who are or have been affected by domestic abuse.
Aoibhneas provides a complete continuum of care within a service of excellence. A complete continuum of care arrangement provides for the access of women and children to supports at earliest intervention through provision of prevention and awareness raising programmes, community-based support, refuge accommodation,
transitional accommodation and post refuge/ transitional support.
Volunteer Vacancies – Christmas Helpers
Job Title: Christmas Helpers
Location: Aoibhneas CLG
Hours: 4 hours a week
Position: Voluntary Role
Commitment: October to December 2021
Duties & Responsibilities
The purpose of this voluntary role is to:
- To work with the Aoibhneas team to help support us practically with the build up to Christmas.
- To help answer/make calls from donors and clients
- To greet clients and visitors professionally and appropriately.
- To assist with the general operation of reception in the build-up and throughout the Christmas period.
- To help organise donation pick-ups and drop offs
- To pick up and drop off donated items and gifts.
- To log, sort, and organise donated items
- To help with lifting, moving and storing donated items.
- To sort and allocate donated items according to gender, age, food type etc
- To assist with general and everyday operations in the build-up and throughout the Christmas period.
- Good Boundaries
- Good standard of health and mobility
- Ability to work flexibly in a team with enthusiasm and commitment
- Experience working with people
- Understanding of, and compassion with, the overall aims of Aoibhneas
- Professional & Personal Development
- The opportunity to contribute in the recovery of women and children to enhance the sense of self-worth, contribute to the empowerment of women to live in freedom and safety from domestic abuse.
- Opportunity to learn about domestic violence and work in a trauma focused setting.
- Feel part of a highly professional and skilled team.
- Opportunity to be part of a growing organisation that is innovative, nurturing and tirelessly work to create societal change.
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability for the role.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 17th September, 2021 for the attention of
Head of Services
PO Box 5504
Tel. 01 867 0805
All offers of employment with Aoibhneas are subject to Garda Vetting.
Aoibhneas is an equal opportunities employer