Voluntary Service International: Trustee
VSI is seeking a Trustee with financial and accountancy experience and skills to join their Board.
Voluntary Service International is currently offering an exciting opportunity to join our Board of Directors to oversee the effective responsibility for the financial management of the organisation. The individual must be passionate and committed to promoting peace, solidarity and social justice through volunteering. Prior Board experience is not essential and support will be provided. Our Directors do not receive a payment for their services however reasonable expenses will be paid.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about VSI, governance and support of a national and international NGO and charity.
Trustee with financial and accountancy experience and skills
General duties of a Board member:
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring the charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with reasonable care and skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
Voluntary Service International are seeking an individual with knowledge of financial management and accountancy to join our board of trustees.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Providing support to the Treasurer and the CEO
The trustee will be appointed to our finance sub-committee which is chaired by our Treasurer.
- Financial management expertise
- A broad understanding of charity finance issues
- An understanding of finance in a small organisation
Board Meetings: There will be 6 board meetings and 6 sub-committee meetings a year in addition to our AGM. Meetings are currently held online and will continue online for the foreseeable future.
Application: In addition to a CV we would like all applicants to include a cover letter outlining why they would like to put themselves forward specifically for this role. Please send your CV and cover letter to Helen at email@example.com