St Anne’s City Farm and Ecology Centre: Chairperson
Chairperson at St Anne’s City Farm and Ecology Centre
Dublin City Farm and Ecology Centre, is a non-profit, traditional farm based in the beautiful setting of St. Anne's Park, on the North side of Dublin. An exciting new role of Chairperson has arisen and we are seeking a volunteer to contribute their skills and experience to work as part of our committed and passionate team to progress the future of this unique farm.
1. Ensure the management committee functions properly:
- To plan and run meetings in accordance with the Farm's Constitution.
- To ensure matters are dealt with in an orderly and efficient manner.
- To bring impartiality and objectivity to meetings and decision-making.
- To facilitate change and address conflict within the board.
- To review governance performance and skills.
- To plan for recruitment and renewal of the Management Committee.
2. Ensure the organisation is managed effectively:
- To liaise with the Farm Manager, as appropriate, to keep an overview of the organisation’s affairs.
- To co-ordinate the committee to ensure responsibilities for particular aspects of management (e.g. personnel matters, financial control etc) are met and specialist expertise is recruited as required.
- To facilitate change and address conflict within the organisation, liaising with the Farm Manager to achieve this.
3. Provide support and supervision to volunteers:
- To directly line manage the Farm Manager.
- To sit on appointment and final appeal grievance panels, as appropriate.
4. Represent the organisation:
- To communicate effectively the vision and purpose of the organisation.
- To advocate for and represent the organisation at external meetings and events.
- To be aware of current issues that might affect the organisation.
- Good leadership skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences.
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up.
- Good time-keeping.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Understanding of the roles/responsibilities of a management committee.
- Experience of organisational and people management.
- Knowledge of the operating environment for non profit organisations in Ireland
- Previous Chairperson experience is desirable but not essential
If you’re interested in this role….
To learn more about the work we do, visit our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Stannescityfarm. Please send any questions you have to Jenny, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to apply, please send your CV and a brief paragraph about yourself and why you would like to join our board.