Irish Therapy Dogs: Treasurer
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Irish Therapy Dogs was founded in 2008 by people with a dedicated interest in the use of pet therapy for the provision of comfort and companionship to people in hospitals, long-term or daily residential care as well to support to children through our reading program. We are a self funded registered charity aimed at providing a pet therapy service nationwide.
Given the impact of Covid-19 on residential care residents we had to suspend our volunteer service in March 2020. As we eagerly anticipate the relaunch of the service later this year, we are looking to enhance the strength of our board as we plan for the future of the organisation.
Irish Therapy Dogs is seeking a Director with finance experience in the fields of accounting, audit and governance to join the board and lead the organisations financial strategy and support the ongoing management of the finances.
General duties of a board member -
- Comply with the charity’s governing document
- Ensure the charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Manage your charity's resources responsibly
- Be accountable and comply with the law
- Act in the best interest of the charity
Responsibilities of the Treasurer include the following:
- Oversee the preparation of budgets, accounts and financial statements, ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- Through an understanding of the organisation’s financial resources advise the board on financial implications of plans and proposals under consideration
- Provide oversight of compliance and risk management in the organisation
- Provide a working knowledge of CRO and Revenue obligations and ensure all requirements are met
- Present monthly financial reports at monthly board meetings.
- Assist with reporting obligations for grants.
- Ensure accounts are prepared in a timely manner for the annual audit and presentation at the AGM.
The ideal candidate will -
- Be a qualified accountant with experience of the charity sector
- Have excellent communication and leadership skills
- Demonstrate strong analytical and evaluation skills
- Previous Board experience not necessary but an advantage
Board Meetings: The Board meets the 1st Tuesday of the month
If you feel you have the enthusiasm, commitment, skills, and time to fulfil this role, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact Brenda Rickard - Brenda@Irishtherapydogs.ie. Applications by close of business 31/08/2021.