FoodCloud: Warehouse Operations Assistant
Title: Volunteer Warehouse Operations Assistant
Location: FoodCloud Hub, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Reporting to: Operations team
Monday - 10am - 2pm ( 2 volunteers required)
Tuesday - 10am - 2 pm
Wednesday - 10am - 2 pm ( 2 volunteers required)
Thursday - 10am - 2pm
Friday - 10 am - 2 pm
Volunteers are welcome to apply for multiple shifts.
Contract Period: 12 week commitment with the option to extend
FoodCloud (CHY21177) is a fast-growing Dublin based social enterprise that has a vision for a world where no good food goes to waste. 30% of food produced for human consumption is lost or wasted across the global food system. If food waste were a country, it would be the third largest emitter of greenhouse gas emissions, after the US and China. In Ireland, we waste one million tonnes of food annually and one in eight people do not have enough to eat.
FoodCloud uses innovative technology to connect supermarkets directly to charities in their local community and there are currently over 3,200 supermarkets donating to 8,000 charities across the UK and Ireland through the FoodCloud platform. FoodCloud Hubs connects food businesses with large volumes of surplus food to charities across Ireland through three warehouses in Dublin, Galway and Cork. The equivalent of over 1.5 million meals are being rescued every month through both services.
This is a volunteer position where you will have the opportunity to be a central part of the warehouse team. You will be assigned and trained in various warehouse tasks*, to ensure no good food goes to waste! This role is a fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a warehouse environment while helping to support charities nationwide.
Person and Skill Specifications:
- Positive attitude and willingness to develop new skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Commitment to your full volunteer placement is required.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Comfortable lifting and carrying up to 20kg.
- Comfortable working in a warehouse environment( previous experience not essential but a bonus)
- Volunteers must adhere to FoodCloud’s safety procedures at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stock taking
- Moving stock
- Processing incoming food
- Completing charity food orders
- Enforcing HACCP and food safety regulations
- Engage with your team as an active team member
- Volunteers must wear a face covering for the duration of their placement subject to Government advice..
- You must be able to confirm that In the past 14 days, you have not come into close contact with someone who has Covid-19 (within a 2 meter distance or shared accommodation) and that you have not had any symptoms of Covid-19 (coughing, fever, shortness or breath, difficulty breathing).
- If your health circumstances change during your placement, you must notify the FoodCloud team.
*Full explanation of tasks will be provided during your volunteer placement. Supervision and assistance on the warehouse floor will be provided also.