Dublin Simon Community: Operations Volunteer Therapeutic Services
Fulltime Volunteer Title: Operations Volunteer Therapeutic Services
Role Purpose: To volunteer directly within the Therapeutic Services Operations Team. To help co-ordinate and support a series of projects and programmes across services so as to support the work of the Operations team.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Amberley House Dublin 1
As an Operations Volunteer you will support staff in our Therapeutic Services by working as part of a team to ensure the health & safety needs are meet, buildings & grounds maintenance are help to a high standard and carry out operational office duties.
Working in a professional role and environment, your core responsibilities include:
- Work closely with operations manager & team to ensure Treatment Services run smoothly – reviewing & maintaining a high standard of cleanliness throughout the services/building both internally & externally, with service user’s involvement where feasible through peer volunteering or CEE placements.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety policies to guarantee welfare is prioritised at all times within services including maintenance, safety and neighbourhood checks and other processes.
- Work with operations team on processing maintenance requests to ensure the infrastructure required to run services at the various phases of development.
- Work with the catering team to process orders, batch and file HACCP records, carry out stock reviews & maintain expenditure logs.
- Administer the delivery and publishing of the Cooks / Flexi Cook’s rota, shift planner, and timesheets.
- General admin duties such as planning of meetings, minute taking, preparing reports and preparing presentations. Assisting with staff training and general research on standard operating procedure development.
Requirements of all Dublin Simon Volunteers
- Commitment to the purpose of Dublin Simon Community and to volunteer within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations.
- To participate in regular supervision with your line manager.
- To actively participate in team and staff meetings and service reviews/ evaluations and to contribute to the development of policy and practice within your area of work and Dublin Simon as a whole.
- To report any area of concern to your line manager in a timely manner.
- To show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the needs of the service. Volunteering during unsocial hours may be required.
- Have a flexible approach to your placement in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
- Identify training needs with your line manager and participate in training opportunities appropriate to the role.
- To be vigilant of any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative.
- To participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties as may be requested by the line manager from time to time.
- To undertake your volunteering in a manner that is friendly, flexible and informal.
Note: This Role Description will be reviewed and updated in line with the needs of the placement.
People can apply by filling the application online on here
Closing date of the application is 30th June 2021.