Enclude: Board Member – Finance Director
Board Member – Finance Director
Enclude is a non-profit and registered charity, established in 2006 with a mission to increase the digital capacity of Irish charities. We work with charities across the sector to adopt appropriate technology solutions to improve their capacity to better service the needs of their service users and achieve a great impact in their work.
The Role: Non-Executive Director of Finance
Enclude is seeking to recruit someone to fill the role of Non-Executive Director of Finance on the Board. The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with prior experience working in a similar role, either in a commercial organisation or another charity.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- An understanding of, and commitment to, our mission and values
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO and Board members
- Comply with the charity’s governing document
- Ensuring the charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Acting with reasonable care and skill
- Managing the assets of the charity
- Commitment to all legal and fiduciary responsibilities, ensuring compliance with statutory obligations and ensuring best practice in corporate governance
Specific Responsibilities of this Role
- Safeguarding Enclude’s assets and ensuring overall financial stability
- Managing and monitoring cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Assisting in budgetary planning and monitoring expenditure against budget
- Overseeing annual audits and reviewing audit reports
- Overseeing the preparation of the annual financial statements for the CRO
- Ensuring that financial practices are in line with regulations and legislation
- Providing guidance to the CEO and Board on the continued development and enhancement of the internal financial control framework
- Supporting the board on finance issues, regulatory compliance with the CRO and the Charities Regulator
- Having oversight of compliance and risk management in the organisation.
Essential Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities:
- The candidate must be a qualified Accountant, ACA or CIMA qualified, ideally with at least 5 years senior management experience as an accountant, auditor, or Finance Manager/Director in the private, non-profit, or public sector.
- Knowledge and experience of the Charity SORP (Statement of Recommended Practice)
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand complex corporate governance issues and risk quickly.
This is a voluntary role.
Directors serve a three-year term from the date of their appointment and are eligible for one additional term of three years. There are 7 to 8 board meetings a year which are scheduled outside normal business hours. In person board meetings are held in Dublin City with the option to join via video call.
We would like to hear from you if you think you can help us to build and strengthen the capacity of the non-profit sector. Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is:14th June 2021
Registered Charity No. 20064006, Company Registration No. 442488