Enclude: Board Member – HR Director
Board Member – HR Director
Enclude is a non-profit and registered charity, established in 2006 with a mission to increase the digital capacity of Irish charities. We work with charities across the sector to adopt appropriate technology solutions to improve their capacity to better service the needs of their service users and achieve a great impact in their work.
The Role: Non-Executive Director of HR
Enclude is seeking to recruit someone to fill the role of Non-Executive Director of HR on the Board. The successful candidate will have experience working in a similar role, either in a commercial organisation or another charity.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- An understanding of, and commitment to, our mission and values
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO and Board members
- Comply with the charity’s governing document
- Ensuring the charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Acting with reasonable care and skill
- Managing the assets of the charity
- Commitment to all legal and fiduciary responsibilities, ensuring compliance with statutory obligations and ensuring best practice in corporate governance.
Specific Responsibilities of this Role
- Ensuring that HR practices are in line with regulations and legislation
- Advising the Board on their legal responsibilities to employees and volunteers and to recommend measures to be put in place to ensure compliance with these responsibilities
- Providing guidance to the CEO and Board on the continued development and enhancement of the internal HR management framework
- Supporting the board on HR issues and regulatory compliance
- Providing support with the development and monitoring of effective risk management strategies.
Essential Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities:
- The candidate must be a qualified HR professional, ideally with at least 3 years senior management experience as an HR Manager/Director in the private, non-profit, or public sector.
- Knowledge of GDPR and charities sector would be welcome.
This is a voluntary role.
Directors serve a three-year term from the date of their appointment and are eligible for one additional term of three years. There are 7 to 8 board meetings a year which are scheduled outside normal business hours. In person board meetings are held in Dublin City with the option to join via video call.
We would like to hear from you if you think you can help us to build and strengthen the capacity of the non-profit sector. Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is:14th June 2021
Registered Charity No. 20064006, Company Registration No. 442488