Crosscare: General Painting and Light Maintenance Volunteer
The Project: Bentley House Homeless services - Provides accommodation to 40 people in 4 separate buildings
Vol. Role Title: General Painting and Light Maintenance Volunteer
Reports to: Shift Co-ordinator
- To provide a wide variety of general maintenance and painting for Bentley House.
- Reporting any unusual damage noticed in the building.
- Assist in any work carried out by external contractors
- To maintain open communication with all staff on shift
- To observe Crosscare Health & Safety Procedures
- To observe clear professional boundaries in relations with guests
- To respect guests right to confidentiality in our relationship with them as per the Crosscare Confidentiality and Code of conduct policies
- To promote respect, diversity and equal opportunity
- To be able to volunteer as part of a team.
- To attend volunteer meetings to give feedback on your volunteering experience.
- To commit to weekly volunteering for 6 months as agreed at induction
- Be able to work on own initiative
Support offered to vol.:
- Thorough Induction to Role, Crosscare and service
- Ongoing support from Team
- Identify and report any potential risks
- Experience working/ volunteering with vulnerable adults and/or experience in homeless services.
- We are looking for volunteers who are empathetic; non-judgmental. Volunteers who can be patient, flexible and supportive with our guests in a very busy environment
Learning opportunities offered:
- Gain an understanding of issues faced by people who are homeless
- Gain an understanding of how Crosscare services work to support vulnerable people
- Knowledge of health and Safety Procedures
Volunteer days/hours: Flexible
Commitment Duration: 6 months
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Or phone 01-8360011 Ext 100