Shannon’s Hopeline: Volunteer Board Member – Secretary Role
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
About Shannon’s Hopeline
Shannon’s Hopeline was set up in memory of Shannon Kelleher who died from suicide at the age of 13 in 2012. Shannon’s Mum and Aunt set up the charity together. At Shannon’s Hopeline we support and educate young people and their families in the Dublin Area on the importance of looking after their mental health. To prevent suicide and reduce stigma before problems become a crisis. We do this by providing three services.
- A free educational workshop designed by Shannon’s Hopeline called ‘Be Kind to your Mind’
- Low-cost counselling service with Mosaic Counselling and Psychotherapy for young people up to the age of 25 years.
- Support Group to parents who are struggling to help their children with concerns of depression, anxiety etc;
For more information, please visit our website: www.shannonshopeline.ie
About the Role
Shannon’s Hopeline is seeking to appoint a new Secretary to join our Board to support our organisation. Ideally previous board experience and knowledge of governance.
Responsibilities of a Secretary
- Help the chairperson to plan board meetings
- Organise the logistics of meetings
- Take and distribute minutes
- Deal with board correspondence
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills
- IT skills
- Be passionate about improving the mental health of young people
- Be self-motivated
- Have a positive attitude
- Be a team player
Why should you join us?
This is a great opportunity to get involved in mental health. You will be part of an organisation working to develop strong and confident young people.
The Board meet 10 times a year in Shannon’s Hopeline office in Meath Street, Dublin 8. Meetings take place every 1st Wednesday of the month between 6pm-8pm. Currently due to COVID-19 all Board meetings are currently conducted over Zoom.
Additional time requirements are for preparation and reading of materials for board meetings.
CV should be sent to Lisa Kelleher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Friday 5th March 2021