Bagenalstown Family Resource Centre: Volunteer Support Workers
VOLUNTEER SUPPORT WORKERS ARE NEEDED IN BAGENALSTOWN FAMILY RESOURCE CENTRE
- Help with weekly support groups for elderly in the community.
- Help organise events and day trips for the local older people.
- Provide support, advice, and care for older people in the community.
- Commitment of at least 2-4 hours (1 day) per week
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work positively with clientele and develop rapport
- Ability to work on their own initiative
- Effective communication and organisational skills
- Respect for client confidentiality at all times
- To maintain professional and personal boundaries
- Must have a caring, empathetic, non-judgmental and understanding nature
This is an excellent opportunity for those with an interest in working as part of a team to support and engage with individuals thus sustaining positive change.
This post will be subject to reference checks and Garda vetting.
If you feel you have the necessary background, experience and skills to undertake this role we would like to hear from you. Any further questions regarding the position or would like to volunteer please email your CV to:email@example.com