Shannon’s Hopeline: Volunteer Board Member with Fundraising Experience
About Shannon’s Hopeline
Shannon’s Hopeline was set up in memory of Shannon Kelleher who died from suicide at the age of 13 in 2012. Shannon’s Mum and Aunt set up the charity together. At Shannon’s Hopeline we support and educate young people and their families in the Dublin Area on the importance of looking after their mental health. To prevent suicide and reduce stigma before problems become a crisis. We do this by providing three services.
- A free educational workshop designed by Shannon’s Hopeline called ‘Be Kind to your Mind’
- Low cost counselling service with Mosaic Counselling and Psychotherapy for young people up to the age of 25 years.
- Support Group to parents who are struggling to help their children with concerns of depression, anxiety etc;
About the Role
Shannon’s Hopeline is seeking to appoint a new Trustee to join our Board to support the organisation in developing a Strategic Plan for fundraising and be a part of our Fundraising sub-committee. Currently Shannon’s Hopeline rely on community funding. The successful candidate ideally would have experience in Corporate funding, Community Funding and Government Funding.
Skills and Attributes
- At least 2 years’ experience in fundraising
- IT and social media skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A creative approach, with the ability to generate new ideas and initiatives
- Research Skills
The ideal candidate will
- Be passionate about improving the mental health of young people
- Be self-motivated
- Have a positive attitude
- Be a team player
Why should you join us?
This is a great opportunity to get involved in mental health. You will be part of an organisation working to develop strong and confident young people.
The Board meet 10 times a year in Shannon’s Hopeline office in Meath Street, Dublin 8. Meetings take place every 2nd Wednesday of the month between 6pm-8pm. Currently due to COVID-19 all Board meetings are currently conducted over Zoom.
Additional time requirements are for preparation and reading of materials for board meetings, and involvement in the fundraising sub-committee.
CV should be sent to Lisa Kelleher at email@example.com.