Dublin Simon Community: Volunteer Driver
- The type of transport used will be Vans so ability to drive this form of transport is preferable with an in date and full licence
- Carry out the delivery and collection of donated food and other goods in accordance with the schedule and agreed methods to maximise donations which will be out of normal business hours from Monday to Sunday.
- Collections from Food for Simon donors and other donors of items to Dublin Simon community
- Always following food safety protocols when collecting and delivering
Personal and Professional Development
- Opportunity to meet new people with similar interests
- Become involved in Dublin Simon Community
- Apply personal skills and experiences to help in a positive way and adapt new methods of delivering schedules.
- Ensuring signed delivery dockets are recorded and maintained for audit purpose.
- Provided a reference
- Attend all mandatory Dublin Simon Community training courses
Core Job Requirement
- Volunteer must be at least 23 years old
- Hours of donations and deliveries collections will be at evening time from 6pm to 10 pm including weekends as required (Subject to change with discussion and prior arrangement with volunteer)
- Volunteer must have been driving for at least 2 years
- Applicant must have a full, clean driving licence
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Ensure Dublin Simon Vehicle Requirement are adhered to.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take instructions well
- To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and when driving at all times.
- Deliver excellent Customer services to service users and donors
- Good knowledge and understanding of Dublin Region
- To undertake your role in a manner that is friendly, flexible and informal.
Required licence or certification:
- Full in date Irish category B licence held for 2 years or more (C licence but not essential).
Please send over a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
29th Sep, 2020
1st Nov, 2020