The Irish Blue Cross: Volunteer Mobile Veterinary Unit Driver
Overview of the Volunteer Mobile Veterinary Unit Driver
Our Volunteer Drivers drive The Irish Blue Cross Mobile Veterinary Units (MVU’s) to locations within Dublin from our central base at Inchicore. The clinics commence at 6.00pm and operate until 8.30pm approximately. The MVU will need to be picked up from the central base approximately an hour ahead of the clinic start time to allow time to reach the destination, taking traffic, etc into consideration. On arrival, the driver will assist in a general capacity with the queue of clients and when the clinic is finished, he/she will drive the vehicle back to base and lock it up.
Essential Skills Experience and Qualities required
- Full Clean C1 Driver’s Licence with a minimum of 5 years current C1 driving experience
- Be over 25 years of age
- Good level of English
- Good writing skills
- Commitment to the ethos of volunteering
- An understanding of the ethos and working of The Irish Blue Cross
- Flexible work attitude
- An interest in animals and animal welfare
- Enjoy driving
Time Commitment on a Voluntary Basis
From time to time a vacancy will arise within our mobile clinic driving panel. Currently, we are looking to expand our panel to recruit volunteer drivers with an interest in giving a weekly commitment to driving one clinic per week and/or to being on standby for holiday and occasional cover.
Locations of Evening Service
The mobile clinic fleet of three vehicles is located at 15A Goldenbridge Industrial Estate, Inchicore. There are ten regular weekly evening-time locations, Monday to Friday, as follows:
- Monday - Cabra and Tallaght
- Tuesday - Crumlin and Blanchardstown
- Wednesday - Ballyfermot, Ballybrack and Smithfield
- Thursday - Finglas and Walkinstown
- Friday - Whitehall
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Opportunity to help eligible pet owners receive care for their pets and be a vital member of the mobile clinic team
- Induction and training provided, such as manual handling & Health & Safety courses
- On-going back-up support provided
- Respect and acknowledgement for playing a valued role in delivery of the Charity’s mission to provide services for eligible pet owners on low incomes
If you are interested in joining our team of Volunteer Drivers please contact Eilis Nichol (Mobile Clinic Service Co-ordinator) by e-mail at email@example.com for further information and for a copy of the volunteer driver application form.
All our Volunteers positions are subject to reference checks.