Solas Project: Step Up Mentor
STEP UP MENTOR
Step Up is our one-to-one teen mentoring programme. Support begins for young people as they transition from primary to secondary school and we continue to provide that support right up to 6th year.
We are looking for new volunteers to start in September 2020.
WHAT'S INVOLVED IN THIS ROLE?
- Building a mentoring relationship with one young person.
- Together with the young person creating goals and working towards them together (goals will include academic, personal and/or social skills).
- Being proactive with young person in coming up with strategies to reach their goals.
- Attending trips with the students once per term.
WHAT'S REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Working from a strengths based approach, being flexible and adapting to change.
- Attending team meetings and training opportunities provided.
- Being familiar with and abiding by all Solas Project policies, including our child protection policy and code of behaviour for workers and volunteers.
TIME COMMITMENT REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
Step Up runs each evening from Monday to Thursday all throughout the school year. You will be required to commit to one evening per week from 6pm-7.30pm.
Location: St Catherine’s Church, Thomas Street, Dublin 8
Screening details for this role:
- Application Form
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interview
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Ongoing training opportunities