Safe Home Ireland: Directors
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Established in 2000, Safe Home Ireland is an information, advocacy and outreach support service for people who are considering moving or returning to Ireland. We originally supported older Irish born emigrants to explore the option of returning to secure accommodation back in their native counties – we now offer a broader range of services to anyone, regardless of age or circumstances, who may be considering moving or returning to Ireland. Our head office is located in Co. Mayo and our outreach offices are located in Co. Kerry and Co. Galway.
Following a recent governance review and to ensure effective succession planning, Safe Home Ireland (Safe Home) are seeking new Directors to join our voluntary Board of Directors. We would love to hear from you if you have skills, interest and/or experience in any of the following key areas: fundraising, legal, finance, communications, social media, information technology and/or human relations. Previous experience on a non-profit board and/or of strategic planning would be a bonus.
Responsibilities will include:
- An understanding of and commitment to Safe Home values, mission and vision;
- Providing input to the strategic direction of the charity;
- To ensure the charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit;
- Commitment to the highest levels of corporate governance;
- To ensure that all legal, financial obligations and other requirements are met;
- To act in the best interests of Safe Home Ireland.
- There are generally six board meetings per year, normally held on Wednesday afternoons in Mulranny, Co. Mayo but there are provisions in place for virtual attendance via online meeting platforms;
- Additional time will be required for preparation and reading of materials for board meetings, as well as possible involvement in sub-committees which are scheduled as/when required.
For further information, to receive an application pack and/or to have an informal chat contact Karen Mc Hugh, Chief Executive Officer, via mobile on 087 977 5080 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org See our website HERE for more information on our services, activities and impact.