Kildare Youth Services: Volunteers
Would you like to be a Volunteer in Kildare Youth Services, Naas Child & Family Project, working in a group for children with autism and other significant difficulties with the social bond?
If you have the desire and commitment to be part of something different and innovative then this opportunity might be suitable for you.
The group is play-based (as the activities and the design of the environment are tailored by each child’s interest and likes) and clinically oriented (as it takes their suffering into account) by a modality of clinical work called Plural Practice [Pratique à Plusieurs]
You will be working amongst others offering singular opportunities for each child to build on their social bond. The workers are not intervening from their professional background but as “partners” of the child accompanying him towards the invention of their own solutions.
The group has a high adult-child with a maximum of 6 children participating at a time and is located in Naas town.
The commitment is:
- Be available at least one afternoon per week from 2.30pm to 5pm to deliver the group with KYS staff from October 2020 onwards.
- Be available for at least one hour a week for administrative & hands-on jobs (in your own time)
- Be interested in being taught and guided by autistic children and other children experiencing significant difficulties with the social bond
- Be available to take part in clinical discussions and supervision for one hour per week (video call or face to face)
- Garda vetting is a requirement for all volunteers.
- References x 2 will be required.
- No experience of working within this field is required
Please contact email@example.com for a volunteer application form. You will be notified when interviews will take place. If you would like to discuss this volunteer opportunity in more detail please phone 045 898623 and ask for Cecilia firstname.lastname@example.org.