Lend a Hand for Mental Health Reform
About Mental Health Reform
Mental Health Reform is Ireland’s leading national coalition on mental health. With over 70 member organisations, we work together to drive progressive reform of mental health services and supports in Ireland.
Would you be able to lend your time to a bag pack for Mental Health Reform? We have several bag packs coming up this year and would really appreciate your support.
- Dunnes Stores Cornelscourt, Cabinteely, Dublin 18 - Sunday 22nd March
- Marks and Spencer Grafton Street, Dublin 2 - Friday 10th April
- Marks and Spencer Grafton Street, Dublin 2 - Saturday 11th April
- Dunnes Stores Tallaght, The Square, Tallaght, Dublin 24 - Saturday 9th May
- Dunnes Stores Swan Centre, Rathmines, Dublin 6 - Saturday 23rd May
If you have a couple of hours to spare on any of these dates, it would be great to hear from you.
Your support will directly help us to campaign to:
- ensure crisis mental health services are available to all children and young people 24/7; and
- ensure mental health laws have a human rights focus.
Our campaign is to ensure that Child and Adolescent Mental Health services (CAMHs) are there 24/7 for every child in Ireland experiencing a mental health crisis. CAMHs provide specialist mental health services for children and young people in Ireland; however, most CAMH services are currently only open Monday – Friday, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Mental Health Reform is the only organisation in Ireland whose sole purpose is to drive improvements in mental health services and supports. Established in 2006, and now with more than 70 member organisations, we are uniquely positioned to bring together the views and expertise across the mental health sector and campaign for the improvement of mental health services and supports for everyone in Ireland. We are campaigning to ensure people's human rights are a part of their mental health care.
We are looking for positive, people-friendly volunteers who could lend a hand packing bags for shoppers. No specific skills are required as such, but if you have previous experience with bag packs, that would be great. A basic level of English is required.
Must be over 18 to take part.
A nominal fee for expenses will be provided. Refreshments will be available to all volunteers.
To apply, please email your interest to email@example.com or call 01 874 9468.