HSE Mental Health Engagement & Recovery: Volunteers
National Volunteer Lived Experience Panel
HSE Mental Health Engagement and Recovery national office
Do you use, or have you used the Irish Mental Health Services?
Have you a family member who has used or is using the Irish Mental Health Services?
If yes we are seeking your support.
- Membership of a National panel of Volunteers with lived experience of using the mental health services, or family member/carer
- Membership of working groups tasked to improve the Irish mental health services
- Attend induction
- Attend online quarterly meetings
- Attend working group meetings
- Some preparatory readings
- Inputs to working groups’ documents
- Total commitment: approx. 40 hrs/year
- Access to two individual INSPIRE wellbeing sessions per year
- Ongoing support from members of staff
- Training as required
Travel and food expenses when attending meetings in person
We are the office of Mental Health Engagement and Recovery (MHER) and are a part of the Health Service Executive (HSE) Mental Health Community Operations team.
The MHER’s job is to promote mental health recovery and recovery approaches and to ensure that the voices of people with lived experience, family members and carers inform the design delivery and evaluation of all types of mental health services. MHER is innovative in how it supports mental health service providers and people with lived experience of mental health services to work together to improve those services. We co-produce support documents, training opportunities, events and frameworks to support the collaborative learning of service providers, the people who use the mental health services, and their supporters and carers.
In 2022 we established a national panel of volunteers who are using their personal lived mental health and recovery experience to support us in this work. We wish to expand this pool with additional volunteers who have this interest.
As a member of this panel you will have the opportunity to share your expertise with those working in the HSE and other agencies in a joint effort to improve and develop the Mental Health Services and inform research. You will have the chance to attend different working groups, depending on your interests, and you will contribute with your expertise to their efforts to improve the mental health services.
Applications are welcome from all perspectives and experience as we want to ensure we have as diverse and inclusive panel as possible.
Your Skills and Experience
- Have experience of mental health services either as a service user, carer, or family member
- Have an understanding or knowledge of mental health services in Ireland
- Able to provide critical and constructive feedback
- Have confidence to voice their own opinions and participate in group discussion
- Are comfortable working in a group setting
- Attend and take an active part in working group meetings (total commitment 40hrs/year approx.)
- Prepare by reading any paperwork if required
- Share your opinion and give advice
- Ensure that discussions consider how working groups are helping to drive public benefit and improve Irish mental health services
- Respect the viewpoints of others in the group
How to apply
If you are interested in applying please fill the application form and send it to Jacopo Villani, MHER Programme Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 4th 2024
If you would like to find out more about these volunteers roles, please contact Jacopo Villani.
For more information on our office please go to The Mental Health Engagement and Recovery Office - HSE.ie